ADVANCING BIOINFORMATICS & DATA SCIENCE TRAINING IN PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES
The Department of Pharmacoinformatics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad (NIPER), India, and Pine Biotech, Inc. USA signed a virtual Memorandum of Understanding on October 13, 2022, to provide industry-driven research curriculum and training programs on big data bioinformatics and application of data science for translational sciences leading to industrial skill sets and capability to work on independent big data projects.
As a fast-emerging field, bioinformatics is now gaining momentum in the field of pharmacology – from drug target identification and validation to developing pharmacogenomic tools to maximize the therapeutic benefit of drugs. As a result, to train the next generation of data-driven pharmacologists and medical scientists, there is a huge need for integrating bioinformatics and data science curricula in pharmaceutical education and research.
About National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad, India
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Hyderabad is an "Institute of National Importance" for advanced research in pharmaceutical sciences. One of the objectives of NIPER-Hyderabad is the development of Human Resources for the ever-growing Indian Pharmaceutical Industry. As a result, to cater to the needs of pharmaceutical academia and the industry NIPER-Hyderabad is being developed as a National Centre.
In accordance with this, an MoU was signed by Dr. Shashi Bala Singh, Director, and Dr. Vasundhra Bhandari, Assistant Professor on behalf of the National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research, Hyderabad. Commenting on the collaboration, Dr. Bhandari said, “We are pleased to enter upon an agreement to promote academic cooperation, and identify areas where staff and students of both organizations can work together to promote international excellence in research and teaching in higher education”.
On behalf of Pine Biotech, Inc. USA, Mr. Elia Brodsky, CEO, and Dr. Mohit Mazumder, Global Business Development Head signed the MoU. In association with the collaborative agreement, Dr. Mohit Mazumder said, “We are really excited about the opportunity to train the students at the Department of Pharmacoinformatics, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research in Bioinformatics, and Data Science”.
The MoU coverage is focused on:
- Research Meetings, Webinars, and Hands-on Workshops for Bioinformatics and Data Science Education and Research.
- Personalized Training and Research Experience through Collaborative Partnership Program
- International Collaborative Translational Bioinformatics Research Project and Services.
- University Faculty Project Based Curriculum, Coursework, and Commercialization.
- Independent Faculty/Student Research Projects and Mentor-Guided Research Publications.
- Student Placement Guidance and Start-Up Development.
- Part-Time/Full-Time Paid Industrial Internship: Campus Growth Ambassadors, Student Mentors, and Business and Marketing Interns.
- International OmicsLogic Research Symposium and Bioinformatics Hackathon.
The collaboration is a part of the OmicsLogic Partnership University Program, which provides personalized training and research experience to help participants develop critical scientific thinking, using modern bioinformatics, and data science practices on industry-relevant problems.
Check out our previous university collaborations, here:
- Memorandum of Understanding Signing Ceremony: Debre Tabor University, Ethiopia & Pine Biotech, USA - https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/memorandum-of-understanding-signing-ceremony-debre-tabor-university-pine-biotech-usa
- Asian University For Women, Bangladesh: Student Learning Journey - https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/asian-university-for-women-bangladesh-student-learning-journey
- Memorandum of Understanding Signing Ceremony: Government City College, Hyderabad & Pine Biotech, USA - https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/memorandum-of-understanding-signing-ceremony-government-city-college-hyderabad-pine-biotech-usa
- Stella Maris College, Chennai: Student Learning Journey - https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/stella-maris-college-chennai-student-learning-journey
- MoU signing between Amity University, Noida & Pine Biotech, Inc USA – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/virtual-mou-signing-ceremony-between-amity-university-noida-pine-biotech-inc-usa
- Virtual MoU Signing Ceremony: Pine Biotech & IIMT University, Meerut – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/virtual-mou-signing-ceremony-between-pine-biotech-usa-iimt-university-meerut
- Collaborative Summer Bioinformatics & Data Science University Partnership Training Program with REVA University- Pine Biotech 2022 – https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/bioinformatics-data-science-training-program-for-reva-university
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) Between Jashore University of Science and Technology, Bangladesh and Pine Biotech, Inc. USA - https://edu.omicslogic.com/blog/memorandum-of-understanding-mou-between-jashore-university-of-science-and-technology-bangladesh-and-pine-biotech-inc.-usa